other loss was to No

View previous topic .::. View next topic  
zxlbxj1

Sirprizien trés bavard

/

0 Cocofiz

fr.gif

()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:11 am    Post subject: other loss was to No Reply with quote

NEW YORK - Marcus Stroman and the Toronto Blue Jays will have their work cut out for them tonight when they face Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka to open a three-game series in New York. Tanaka has certainly lived up to the hype this season, going 10-1 with an American League-best 2.02 ERA. The Japanese right-hander went the distance to win his fourth straight start on Wednesday in Seattle, as he held the Mariners to a pair of runs and six hits. He also struck out 11. With 103 strikeouts and 14 walks, no pitcher ever has struck out more while walking fewer through their first 13 games. Also, hes thrown a quality start in all 13 of his outings. "If he keeps this up, hes going to have one of the greatest first years in baseball of any pitcher whos ever played this game," said Mark Teixeira. Tanaka debuted with a win over the Toronto Blue Jays back on April 4. He gave up three runs over the first two innings, but settled down and pitched five scoreless innings after that. Of course, the Jays will only be the second team to have faced him twice. Tanakas lone loss came against the Chicago Cubs, the first team that had a second look at him. "Theyre a very good lineup, whether you see them the first time, the fifth time," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said of the Blue Jays. "Theyre extremely dangerous so, yeah, Im looking forward to it. My thought is hes going to do fine. I wouldnt think that he wouldnt. But obviously youre curious." Tanaka will be trying to help the Yanks bounce back after losing two of three in Oakland that culminated with a 10-5 setback on Sunday. Carlos Beltran and Brett Gardner homered, while Derek Jeter and Teixeira knocked in a run each for the Yankees, who ended a nine-game road trip 5-4. "Today was one of those games," Jeter said. "But I think for the most part weve been playing good as of late." Toronto heads into the Bronx holding a 4 1/2-game lead on both the Yankees and Baltimore Orioles atop the American League East standings, despite losses in seven of its last 10 games. The Blue Jays, though, have won two of three and split a four-game series with the Orioles over the weekend. On Sunday, Dioner Navarro finished with three hits and drove in a pair of runs, leading Toronto to a 5-2 win. Edwin Encarnacion doubled twice among his three hits and scored twice for the Jays, who received an RBI each from Melky Cabrera, Jose Bautista and Steve Tolleson in the victory. J.A. Happ (6-3) worked six-plus innings, allowing seven hits and one run while fanning six. Casey Janssen recorded the games final four outs to earn his 12th save. "Today was a big game for us," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "We came to life a little bit and Happ was outstanding. He really was. He gave us what we needed, just like he was the other night. He gave us a chance to win." Getting the call for the Blue Jays on Tuesday will be right-handed rookie Marcus Stroman, who suffered his first loss of the season his last time out. After winning his previous two starts Stroman absorbed the loss to Minnesota on Wednesday, allowing three runs and nine hits over six innings to fall to 3-1 on the year to go along with a 5.18 ERA. The Medford, New York native will be making his first-ever appearance against the Yankees. "Any time you have an opportunity to pitch in front of a bunch of family and friends its exciting," Stroman said. "I have a bunch of people texting me, a lot of people from high school, college reaching out to me telling me theyll be at the game." New York won two out of three games in their lone meeting with Toronto this season. Twins Oliver Drake Jersey . Sharper briefly appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court, where his arraignment was postponed until Feb. 20 at the request of his lawyers. They issued a statement saying he would be exonerated. Prosecutors then filed a motion to increase Sharpers bail to $10 million and outlined details of investigations involving him in Las Vegas, Tempe, Ariz. Twins Matt Belisle Jersey . Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that on Wednesday night. http://www.cheaptwinsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=twins-logan-forsythe-jersey.The other side of the Bruins special teams unit delivered in the end.Gregory Campbell netted the game-winner with less than 10 minutes remaining and the Bruins fended off a late four-minute San Jose power play to earn a wild 5-3 win over the Sharks. Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap . In Englands first game since its worst-ever World Cup showing, Roy Hodgsons side rarely looked like scoring against unambitious opposition and the breakthrough in the friendly only came when Raheem Sterling was tripped in the penalty area. Twins Jason Castro Jersey .com) - The New York Jets have named Mike Maccagnan their new general manager.NEW YORK -- It wasnt a marquee matchup of freshmen, although both of the young stars showed how bright their futures can be. Instead, No. 4 Arizonas 72-66 victory over No. 6 Duke on Friday night in the championship game of the NIT Season Tip-Off was a chance for two junior guards to take the spotlight. Nick Johnson scored all but two of his 15 points in the second half and T.J. McConnell had 10 points and eight assists to lead the Wildcats to the win that showed just how versatile a team they are. "Were an all-around team. Really you could see it in the box score. It was pretty even all the way around," Johnson, the tournaments MVP, said, referring to the five starters scoring in double figures. "Were a good team and we can play with anybody." The game was expected to be a matchup of two of the best freshmen in the country and, although Aaron Gordon of Arizona and Jabari Parker of Duke didnt spend a lot of time covering each other or supplying highlight clips, they were both key factors in the outcome. Gordon, the quiet forward, finished with 10 points and seven rebounds and came up big late with a dunk on an alley-oop pass and then fed fellow freshman Rondae Hollis-Jefferson for a dunk less than a minute later to give the Wildcats (7-0) a 61-51 lead with 3:59 to play. "He stayed patient, which is one of the qualities that he has as a player," Arizona coach Sean Miller said of Gordon, who had two points in 11 minutes in the first half. "I chose not to play him a lot in the first half, because he was in foul trouble. ... He played 20 minutes in the second half so he was out there more. But we as a group have to find ways to use his offensive talent even more, and hes such a unique player." Parker, who had 19 points for his first game with fewer than 20 points this season, struggled against Arizonas physical defence and was 7 of 21 from the field. He came into the game shooting 60 per cent from the field. "Jabari gets a lot of attention and it was a good physical game," Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said. "His shots just didnt go down." Parker, who came into the game shooting 61 per cent from beyond the arc, missed all five of his 3-point attempts. &quoot;I need to get experience against big guys," said the 6-foot-8 Parker, who faced an Arizona frontline that goes 6-9, 6-8, 7-foot.dddddddddddd "Two things you cant practice against are quickness and length," Krzyzewski said. "We have quickness. We dont have length. They have great length on their team." The victory gave Arizona its fourth NIT Season Tip-Off title, tying Duke (6-2) for the most ever. "I tell you, Im really ecstatic that we were able to win this tournament here in the Garden," Miller said. "Everybody here knows what a special place this is. We talk to our players a lot about it. ... So everybody embraced where we were because they knew it was a big stage and for us to get on a plane and travel about 15 hours tonight, its going to be a nice plane ride home because I think we feel good about how hard we played and what we were able to accomplish." Johnson, the Wildcats leading scorer at 17.3 per game, shook off a quiet first half to become the focal point of Arizonas offence. His 3-pointer with 11:07 to play tied the game at 45. He hit another 3 with 6:22 left to give Arizona a 57-48 lead. Brandon Ashley had 13 points and Kalen Tarczewski added 10 points and nine rebounds for the Wildcats, who finished with a 36-28 rebound advantage. Rodney Hood led Duke with 21 points and eight rebounds. The Blue Devils
Code:
 other loss was to No
. 2 Kansas. "We talked all year about we dont have a centre, and we have good players, and we have to figure out how to be good with the players we have," Krzyzewski said. "So I thought those kids played really well. I mean, I thought they played their hearts out." Gordon, who came in averaging 12.5 points and 9.7 rebounds, had a big block of Rasheed Sulaimon with 45 seconds left and the Wildcats leading 65-59. Duke had won 15 straight games in the NIT Season Tip-Off and had won 15 of its last 17 games played at Madison Square Garden. The Blue Devils, who came into the game shooting 53.4 per cent from the field, finished 25 of 58 from the field, including 4 of 14 from 3-point range, where they came in shooting 44.7 per cent. They were held 24 points below their scoring average for the season. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic Sirpriz Forum Index >>> Present yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: