try to make pitches

View previous topic .::. View next topic  
zxlbxj1

Sirprizien trés bavard

/

0 Cocofiz

fr.gif

()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: try to make pitches Reply with quote

TORONTO – Jose Bautista hit a home run (his 15th), threw a runner out trying to score, lined into a triple play and was denied a catch down the right field line thanks to fan interference (although the hitter, Tony Cruz, was ruled out when the Blue Jays challenged the ruling). All in a nights work for the slugger as the Jays won a sixth-straight game, 3-1 over the St. Louis Cardinals. “I think its got to be the most eventful game Ive ever had in my career,” said Bautista. “Id like to see if anybody could find somebody else to have a game with that combination of plays. Thatd be pretty awesome.” Whats becoming clearer as the days go by is that this is a good Blue Jays team. Mediocre or bad teams dont win nine in a row, drop a couple and then respond with another win streak thats now reached six. Torontos been victorious in 20 of its last 24 games, is at or near the top of the sports key offensive statistical categories and continues to get solid starting pitching and defence. “Were playing great baseball and were enjoying a great couple of months and we need to keep doing that so we can get to the playoffs,” said Bautista. “We just need to stay with the consistency. Same approach, same effort that were putting forward every single night and its a lot of fun when youre winning. Its the first time Ive ever experienced anything like this at this level so Im enjoying it a lot as well.” Marcus Stroman won his second-straight start and improved his big league record to 3-0, hurling six-plus innings of one-run ball. After a shaky start - he allowed the run in the first, and backed by strong defensive plays by Bautista and Brett Lawrie - Stroman settled in and ended up striking out seven Cardinals. His curveball, which confounded the Royals last Saturday, made for more misery for another Missouri-based team. “Its been huge just because I dont feel like I necessarily have to throw a fastball in a fastball count,” said Stroman. “Just being able to mix it up and keep guys off balance has been pretty good this year.” When Stroman was lifted by manager John Gibbons in the seventh, the fans gave him a standing ovation. “Yeah, its pretty special,” said Stroman. “I tried to do my best tough guy impersonation and tried not to smile but it was definitely pretty special walking off. Just to go out there and put my team in a position to win was awesome.” 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF ROGERS CENTRE Jimmy Key threw out the ceremonial first pitch to Ernie Whitt on Friday night. The two formed the battery for the first ever pitch thrown at SkyDome, a strike to Milwaukees Paul Molitor on June 5, 1989. It was a trip down memory lane in a stadium that so often is unfairly maligned. A technological wonder when it was built, some still see it that way. “Its a nice piece of architecture,” said Jose Bautista. “You come in here and you expect it to be kind of old and beat down and look out of place because its so old but it actually looks pretty modern from the outside looking in. I was surprised the first time I saw it. I was expecting something different. I was pleasantly surprised.” Fans old enough to remember that June night in 1989 and the four Blue Jays playoff appearances in the SkyDomes first five years may have a different opinion of the facility than the younger crowd thats yet to experience a winner. Still, fond memories abound, even those of the more recent variety. “Itd have to be probably the day that I hit the 50th home run,” said Bautista of September 24, 2010. “It was a pretty nice crowd in a day game and one of the unique features of the stadium was highlighted that day, you know, open roof on a beautiful day.” Only Cito Gaston has managed more games in Rogers Centre/SkyDome than John Gibbons. “Its an entertaining place,” said Gibbons. “Exciting, fans come here because some crazy things can happen. The ball flies. Youve got some bouncy turf. I really enjoy this place. One thing youre guaranteed, youre always going to have a game because they can close that roof.” NO QUIT When a team has won six in a row, 15 of 17 and 20 of 24 like the Blue Jays have after Fridays action, chances are resiliency is one of its characteristics. The clubs star player sees it. “Its something that I always thought, even from last year, that we never give up,” said Bautista. “We had a lot of tough games last year. We lost a lot of close games and we battled back from some blowouts and came close, not quite enough to come out with a win. I always noted that about this team where we never give up and we always fight.” Amid the wreckage of last years lost season, 32 of Torontos 74 victories were comeback wins. So far this season, the Blue Jays have 13 come-from-behind victories. RASMUS AND SANTOS UPDATES Centrefielder Colby Rasmus is nearing a return to game action as he recovers from a right hamstring injury. “Colbys doing baseball activities down (in Florida),” said Gibbons. “We figure at the beginning of the week hell probably get into a game.” Rasmus has been on the disabled list since May 13. What he originally believed wouldnt require a DL stint has turned into a near-month absence, a reminder of how uncertain muscle injuries can be. Sergio Santos threw a bullpen session before Thursdays game in Detroit. Gibbons wasnt clear on the plan moving forward. Earlier in the week the plan was for Santos to throw sides on Thursday (he did) and on Sunday and if he passed both tests, hed leave for Buffalo and a rehab assignment perhaps as early as Monday. Avonte Maddox Jersey . FLIP SAUNDERS (Timberwolves): Im not the least bit surprised that he appointed himself as head coach after his search concluded. Mike Wallace Jersey . The R&A announced Monday that golfs oldest championship will return to Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland for the first time since Max Faulkner won in 1951. http://www.officialphiladelphiaeaglesfootball.com/authentic-haloti-ngata-jersey-womens. -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative. Seth Joyner Jersey .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. Brian Westbrook Jersey . "Its not done, but its a huge step," Hannover general manager Dirk Dufner said. Poor defending allowed the visitors to score in the second minute, when Leon Andreasens header from Christian Panders cross sent the ball inside the far post.PHOENIX -- Someone had been to the costume shop, and Matt Duffy was about to put on faux leather boots, chaps and a pink cowboy hat to complete his travel ensemble. The annual ritual of making rookies wear unflattering outfits on one of the last road trips of the season was underway in the Giants clubhouse, but it hardly bothered Duffy. "I told them I feel so good right now, they can dress me up in whatever they want," Duffy said Wednesday after his pinch-hit single in the ninth inning sent San Francisco to a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Duffy snapped a tie with a two-run single and the Giants narrowed their gap in the NL West, pulling within two games of the first-place Los Angeles Dodgers, who lost 16-2 at Colorado. The contenders both have 10 games left. Duffys hit came on a full count with the bases loaded against closer Addison Reed (1-6). Pablo Sandoval walked with one out, Brandon Crawford singled and pinch-hitter Brandon Belt walked, setting up Duffy. Crawford had four hits. Now 4 for 10 as a pinch hitter, Duffy did not play in Triple-A this season and was called straight up from Double-A on Aug. 1. Giants manager Bruce Bochy showed faith in him in a key situation during a playoff race. "When he shows confidence in you, you have confidence in yourself," Duffy said. "Its a good feeling, definitely." Bochy said Duffy has shown good composure since his call-up. "Thats not the first time hes gotten a big hit for us," Bochy said. "I like him in that situation." Sergio Romo (6-4) pitched one inning, and Duffy batted for him. Santiago Casilla got his 17th save. Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said Reed was overworked. "This was his fifth day in six either in the game or heating up. He just didnt have it," Gibson said. Crawford hit an RBI double in the second for a 1-0 lead. Andrew Chafin, making his second major league start, tied it in the Arizona second with an RBI single off Madison Bumgarner. The hit came in Chafins first big league at-bat. Bumgarner laboured through six innings, allowing at least two baserunners in the first three. Trying for hiis 19th win, he gave up seven hits and struck out six.dddddddddddd "I was having to battle and try to make pitches try to make pitches and keep us in the game," Bumgarner said. "Fortunately, I was able to do it." The Giants took the lead in the fifth thanks to an infield hit, a walk, a wild pitch and a pair of sacrifices that produced one run. Bumgarner gave up the tying run in the bottom of the fifth, when A.J. Pollock ran home on a thrown third strike that bounced to Giants catcher Andrew Susac. Susac threw out Mark Trumbo at first base, but Pollock hustled to the plate on the throw and beat Buster Poseys return throw to Susac. Chafin allowed two runs on three hits with four walks and two strikeouts in six innings. SCOREBOARD WATCHING The Giants admittedptq to looking at the out-of-town scoreboard at Chase Field to see how the Dodgers were doing against the Rockies during the course of the afternoon. "The scoreboard here is right in front of you," Bochy said. "Now weve got three big games in San Diego and thats where our focus is going to be." TRAINERS ROOM Giants: OF Angel Pagan was scheduled for an MRI for his back injury, and missed his third straight game. ... OF Michael Morse is still out with a strained oblique. Belt played for the first time since being activated Monday following a concussion. He will remain in Arizona on Thursday to get at-bats in the instructional league before rejoining the team. Diamondbacks: 3B Jake Lamb (quadriceps) remains limited, but is expected to return to the lineup when the team plays at Colorado beginning Thursday. Lamb came on as a pinch hitter on Tuesday and struck out. UP NEXT Giants: RHP Tim Hudson (9-11) pitches Friday in San Diego after the club gets Thursday off. Hes coming off the worst start of his career, in which he allowed six runs on eight hits in one inning of a 17-0 loss to the Dodgers last week. Diamondbacks: LHP Vidal Nuno (0-6) faces the Rockies in the opener of a four-game series Thursday. Nuno has a 2.31 ERA over his last five starts. He allowed one earned run in eight innings against the Rockies on Aug. 30 but took the loss. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic Sirpriz Forum Index >>> Present yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: