opening period

View previous topic .::. View next topic  
zxlbxj1

Sirprizien trés bavard

/

0 Cocofiz

fr.gif

()

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: opening period Reply with quote

ARLINGTON, Texas - Toronto right-hander Drew Hutchison knows how to hang tough and make in-game adjustments. Friday night he reaped the benefits in a matchup with Texas Yu Darvish. Hutchison, back in the majors this spring after having Tommy John surgery late in his rookie season in 2012, outdueled the Rangers ace Friday night, throwing a three-hit shutout for his first career complete game in the Blue Jays 2-0 victory. "I was grinding a little bit," said Hutchison, 23, who made 11 starts as a rookie and 10 appearances late last season in the minors. "I had good command, but my secondary stuff took me a little bit to get to. I was able to make that adjustment and make better pitches with the changeup and slider." Melky Cabrera broke up a scoreless game with a two-run double in the eighth inning to give Hutchison (2-3) all the support that he needed. He struck out six in earning his first victory since April 1. Blue Jays manager John Gibbons wasnt surprised by Hutchisons performance. "Ive been watching him pitch from the first day of spring training," Gibbons said. "When hes on, he can be as tough as anybody." Cabreras liner sailed just beyond the outstretched glove of Texas first baseman Mitch Moreland, scoring Erik Kratz and Anthony Gose. Kratz and Gose each reached against Darvish (3-2) on infield bunts. The right-handed hitting Kratz bunted to third and beat an off-balance throw by Adrian Beltre. Gose, a left-handed hitter, drag bunted up the first-base line. Morelands throw to second baseman Rougned Odor covering first base wasnt in time. Kratz and Gose were in the lineup replacing Dioner Navarro and Colby Rasmus. Navarro is on the bereavement/family medical emergency list and Rasmus is on the disabled list. Kratz said it was his decision to open the inning with a bunt. "Wed been talking the whole game about getting something going," Kratz said. "It was just an idea that worked." Darvish said through an interpreter that he was surprised by the first bunt but not by the second. He went eight innings, allowing two runs on five hits. Darvish struck out 11 and walked three in his first start since throwing a one-hitter against Boston last Friday that Major League Baseball on Wednesday ruled was a two-hitter. Neither team got a runner beyond first base until the sixth inning — thanks in part to a successful Toronto challenge in the third inning that reversed a safe call on a steal of second base by Leonys Martin. In the bottom of the sixth, Martin walked, was bunted to second, advanced to third on a sacrifice fly. He was stranded when Elvis Andrus grounded to shortstop. Darvish was working on six days rest because of a shuffling of the Rangers starting rotation when Martin Perez experienced elbow pain in his start Saturday. The first hit off Darvish came in the fifth inning, a leadoff single pulled to right field by Adam Lind. The Rangers have lost three straight and five out of six to fall six games behind first-place Oakland in the AL West. Texas typically potent attack went into the game ranked 10th in the league in slugging percentage and 11th in runs. And, in the past week, the Rangers have lost left-handed starters Perez and Matt Harrison to what appear to be season-ending injuries. "Its in the back of our heads; its sad to see whats happening to our pitching staff," Rangers right fielder Alex Rios said. "This is an offence capable of doing a lot of damage. We havent quite gotten there yet." NOTES: Left-hander Robbie Ross, Texas Saturday starter, has allowed 23 earned runs in 26 2-3 innings over his last five starts. ... Blue Jays left-hander Mark Buehrle will bring the ALs most wins (7) and the leagues second-best ERA (2.04) into Saturdays start. ... Andrus hitting streak ended at 11 games. Dominique Easley Jersey . "I could have been equipment manager but nooooo" from Lisa on Ice. Season 6, Episode 8. Nickell Robey-Coleman Jersey . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand. http://www.officiallosangelesramsfootball.com/authentic-jamon-brown-jersey-womens. Amaro broke the NCAA all-time record for receiving yards in a season for a tight end with 1,352 during his junior campaign, eclipsing the mark of 1,329 set by Rices James Casey in 2008. Sam Shields Jersey .Mallais and his team out of Saint John defeated James Grattan 5-4 in Fredericton.The 2015 Tim Hortons Brier from Feb. Josh Reynolds Jersey . Scheffler told The Associated Press on Wednesday he made the choice because he had three concussions over the past four years.OKLAHOMA CITY -- Russell Westbrook taught rookie Michael Carter-Williams a swift and thorough lesson. Westbrook had a triple-double in 21 minutes to win the matchup of talented point guards and help the Oklahoma City Thunder defeat the woeful Philadelphia 76ers 125-92 on Tuesday night. The three-time All Star finished with 13 points, 10 rebounds and 14 assists after blowing past Carter-Williams at will. Westbrook wrapped up his eighth career triple-double on a rebound with 4:55 left in the third quarter and left the game for good moments later. The last NBA player to get a triple-double in fewer minutes was Jim Tucker in 1955, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. "He made everybody better tonight," said teammate Kevin Durant, who led the Thunder with 42 points. "He was moving the basketball, he was aggressive to the rim. I think thats why everybody got open, because of his aggressiveness. He just set the tone for us." Westbrook also offered verbal instruction after his pupil decided to talk trash during the third quarter. Turns out, Westbrook is pretty good at that, too. "I like it," he said of Carter-Williams talking. "Its good because thats how I play anyway. I compete, and thats what I like to do. He wants to compete as well." James Anderson scored 20 for the 76ers, who lost their 15th in a row, their longest slide since a 15-game skid in 1994. Philadelphia shot just 34 per cent. Carter-Williams, among the favourites to win the Rookie of the Year award, finished with 14 points on 4-for-12 shooting. Philadelphia coach Brett Brown wasnt amused by Carter-Williams talking. "Its always wise to go about your business without instigating an All-Star," Brown said. "I dont mind Michael being competitive, but how you go about that is always a challenge, and again, a learning curve." Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson each scored 14 points and Perry Jones added 12 for the Thunder, who shot 57 per cent from the field in their most lopsided victory of the season. Westbrook had eight assists in the first 6:34 to help the Thunder take a 24-15 lead. "I never go in looking to shoot first, pass first, rebound first," he said. "I just come in and play off instincts." Westbrook got his 10th assist on a long bounce pass to Durant with 4:55 left in the second quarter. Westbrook finnished the first half with 11 assists, a Thunder record for a half.dddddddddddd. He didnt score until he made a layup with 1:50 left in the first half. His second basket was a 29-foot 3-pointer. "Hes just physically so gifted and hes so competitive," Brown said. "Theres a -- and I say this respectfully -- hes an angry competitor that wills his way into doing stuff. I say that with the utmost respect. You saw those physical abilities along with just such a strong mind. Its a powerful combination." Durant, who made 14 of 20 shots from the floor, did not play in the fourth quarter as the Thunder won their third straight. Caron Butler, the Thunders recent acquisition, entered for the first time as a member of the team with 5:26 left in the first quarter and received a loud standing ovation. He made his first basket, a jumper, with 2:18 left in the opening period. Durant scored 21 points in the first half on 8-for-11 shooting to help the Thunder take a 61-45 lead at the break. The 76ers made 3-pointers on three consecutive trips down the floor -- the first two by Byron Mullins and the third by Anderson -- to cut what had been a 22-point deficit to 15 midway through the third quarter. The Thunder bounced back and led 98-76 at the end of the period. Durant scored 21 of Oklahoma Citys 37 points in the quarter. The crowd cheered loudly when Oklahoma Citys 7-foot-3 centre, Hasheem Thabeet, stepped out of his usual element and drained a 17-foot jumper that put the Thunder up 110-79 with 7:33 to go. It was a complete win for Oklahoma City. "I thought defensively, we were really good throughout the game," coach Scott Brooks said. "We were active, we were in passing lanes, we were contesting shots, and we did a great job with rebounding and passing." NOTES: Jones and C Steven Adams started for the Thunder in place of injured G Thabo Sefolosha and C Kendrick Perkins. ... The 76ers have allowed at least 100 points in 14 of the 15 losses during their skid. All but three of the defeats have been by double digits. ... Thunder G Jeremy Lamb made a layup at the first-quarter buzzer after catching a pass from Durant that travelled most of the length of the court. ... The Thunder shot 70 per cent in the first quarter to take a 37-23 lead. ... Brown was issued a technical foul with 5:30 left in the second quarter. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Post new topic   Reply to topic Sirpriz Forum Index >>> Present yourself All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: