Rencontrez des nouvelles personnes en s'offrant des cadeaux
Send and receive gifts by mail
Username: Password: Remember Send my password Free registry
What is a White Elephant, Yankee Swap, Barona Gift Exchange?

View previous topic .::. View next topic  
mama
Admin

Site Admin

15 Cocofiz

fr.gif

merignac (33700)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: What is a White Elephant, Yankee Swap, Barona Gift Exchange? Reply with quote

Please i am french, so can you explain to me what is a White Elephant game / Yankee Swap / Barona Gift Exchange / Thieving Secret Santa / Selfish Santa / Nasty Christmas / Dirty Santa / Scrooge's Christmas / Rob Your Neighbor / Thieving Elves / Chinese Gift Exchange?

Can we tell that Sirpriz is a virtual yankee swap with people all around the world ?
canal

Sirprizien discret

/ m

0 Cocofiz

fr.gif

()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i'm american and i never heard of most of those examples.

only 2 there that is well-known in america is these two:

1 - white elephant gift (it's a kinda joke gift... giving something you don't want/need anymore to somebody else... maybe toilet seat cover or something really stupid like this... mostly for making somebody laugh, and usually a group will play this during a party)

2 - secret santa (it's usually during christmas but not always... its when everybody wraps a small gift usually has a certain value maybe $20.00 and then everyone will pick a gift from the pile and keep the gift... they can also trade with someone else if they want. the purpose is everyone can receive a small gift and nobody needs to worry too much about getting something special for specific person... just have fun and trade small gifts)

so i think you can't say that Sirpriz is like these. its really not the same ideas here. Sirpriz is mostly just gift/collectors exchange by mail i think? no special term for this! Smile

candy, drawings, antique, penpal, travel, love!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Sirpriz Forum Index >>> Fun All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: